Group Inquiry Project: The Digital Divide
Introduction to the Digital Divide
by Amanda Moen, Joey Ackerman, and Christine Webering
- What exactly is the �digital divide?�
- How big is it? Why?
- How is the divide being �bridged� or narrowed?
- What countries are suffering from the digital divide?
- How does the digital divide affect peoples and their cultures?
- How are educators around the globe, in the U.S., and in Iowa trying to bridge the divide?
- How does the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) federal educational policy of 2001 attempt to redress the divide?
- As a teacher what do you think about the above issues? How will they affect how you teach?
TOPICS OF INQUIRY | GROUP INQUIRY PROJECT
Flynn, Erin M
I loved all the visuals you had throughout your presentation. They were all very useful in aiding your topic and definitely caught my eye!
I liked the chart in the first page and interesting info!! I also didn't realize how many people live without technology.
Austin, Aleen S
I also like how you incorporated a lot of visuals, great way to keep attention and to make it interesting! Good job on the overall coverage of the topic!
Wiese, Alexander J
It's great to not only learn about the global crisis of the digital divide, but see it visually on a map. It really helps illustrate the vastness of the problem. Well done!