In this page:
January 6 - January 7, 2021
- Security updates
- Better error handling in the Server Options form
- Python 3.9 made available
- Jupyterhub updated to 1.3.0
- Jupyterlab updated to 2.2.9
- Jupyter Notebooks updated to 6.1.6
August 12 - August 13, 2020
- Python 3.7 and 3.8 are now available. Python 3.6 will remain an option.
- R 4.0.2 is now available. R 3.6.1 will remain an option.
- Julia 1.3.1, 1.4.2 and 1.5.0 are now available. Julia 1.2.0 will remain an option.
- 4 additional GPUs have been added.
June 26, 2020
- Resolve an issue that prevents users from connecting to dedicated LSS shares
- Users can now spawn an instance with RStudio directly.
- Please select the RStudio option in the "Server Options" form:
- Users no longer need to source .bashrc every time they work with conda
April 1, 2020
- Instance memory limit will be raised to 256GB
- Julia users no longer need to specify depot paths
- You can now specify sub-directories of LSS shares when spawning an instance
- General updates and bug fixes
March 17, 2020
- RStudio Classroom has been moved to a multi-server environment. Sessions are now evenly distributed across all the nodes resulting in less resource contention.
- We have also doubled the amount of compute resources available to RStudio Classroom.
December 26, 2019
New features deployed on this date include:
1. New Spawner form
A sneak peak of our new Spawner form is below.
Please note that Python, R, and Julia will each have its own container image. For example, to start a Julia instance, please select one of the three options for Julia under IDAS Image in the Spawner form.
2. LSS and Argon Home access
Users will be able to access their Large Scale Storage (LSS) and Argon homes from IDAS.
More information about Large Scale Storage can be found at https://its.uiowa.edu/lss
Documentation on the Cluster Systems can be found at https://wiki.uiowa.edu/display/hpcdocs/Cluster+Systems+Documentation
3. RStudio available for research use
RStudio will be available for research with this update. To start an RStudio instance, please select one of the three options for R under IDAS Image in the Spawner form.
Doing so will launch an R instance. In order to launch RStudio, click New, then select the RStudio option.
This will launch an RStudio session, which looks very similar to the local version of RStudio.
Please contact Giang Rudderham and Cody B Johnson at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.