This documentation covers the campus shared Interactive Data Analytics Service (IDAS), provided by ITS-RS (Information Technology Services - Research Services). IDAS supports large-scale and collaborative data analytics using interactive tools such as RStudio for R and Jupyter Notebook for Python, R, and Julia. Users will benefit from High Performance Computing (HPC) resources while performing their interactive data analysis tasks.
Get started today!
IDAS plans for the future
- Enable access to Argon investor queues
- Deploy IDAS resources on the cloud to meet remote demand
- February 4, 2019 - Project kick-off meeting
- April 8, 2019 - Complete stakeholder engagements/requirements analysis
- June 4, 2019 - Classroom pilot launch
- June 21, 2019 - Research pilot launch
- August 19, 2019 - Initial functionality launch
- December 26, 2019 - RStudio available for research use. Access to LSS and Argon available
- March 17, 2020 - RStudio Classroom moved to a multi-server environment. Sessions are now evenly distributed across all nodes. Doubled the amount of compute resources available to RStudio Classroom
For more information about service updates, please visit our Change Log.
Cody B Johnson and Giang Rudderham at firstname.lastname@example.org. Support is generally available Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.