The MyUI Student Portal Course Browse feature is a searchable online list of courses available for multiple sessions and is available to the public without a HawkID login required.
How to use MyUI Course Browse
Detailed information on using the various functions on the MyUI Course Browse page.
Search by Course Type
Courses can be searched by selecting various criteria.
- Session: Select a Session to view courses for. This field is required for all searches.
- Course Subject: Courses can be searched by typing in the Course Subject acronym into this field. The Course Subject field will auto-generate possible matches as characters are entered into the field. Once a Course Subject is selected then all courses for that Course Subject will display for the selected session.
- Course Number: Courses can be searched for by Course Number. This can be used in conjunction with Course Subject to find all courses with that number in a particular subject, or used by itself to find all courses with the corresponding number regardless of subject.
- Section Number: Courses can be searched for by Section Number. This can be used in conjunction with Course Subject or Course Number to find all courses with that section number in a particular Course Subject and Course Number, or used by itself to find all courses with the corresponding Section Number regardless of Course Subject or Course Number.
- Keywords: Courses can be searched by entering in Keywords. Keywords must be at least 3 characters and be included in the title of the course.
- Instructor: Courses can be searched by entering in an instructor. e.g. Smith, John / John Smith / John / Smith
- Gen Ed: Courses can be searched by selected a General Education type from the dropdown menu. There are lists for students who are admitted before or after Summer 2011.
- Days and Times: Courses can be searched by entering in specific days and times and will only display courses meeting within those criteria.
- Delivery Mode: Courses can be searched by selecting a specific Delivery Mode(s).
- Only Open Courses: If this option is checked then all the above searches will only return results of courses that are still open for registration.
In addition to the Course Search there are various browse options in the MyUI Course Browse:
- All Courses:
- College and Department: Courses can be searched by selecting a College and then selecting a Department within that College.
- General Education Area: Courses can be searched by selected a General Education type. There are lists for students who are admitted before or after Summer 2011.
- Honors Courses: Courses can be searched if they qualify for Honors credit.
- Winter Session: Courses can be searched to include only the upcoming Winter Session.
- Fall Theme Semester Courses:
- All Off-Cycle: Courses can be searched if they are off-cycle and do not meet the entire length of the session.
- 1 and 2 s.h. Courses (open to undergraduates): Course can be searched by courses that are offered for 1 or 2 semester hours.;
- First Year Seminars: Courses can be searched by First Year Seminars which are open to 1st Year Students.
- One-Click Course Combinations: Courses can be searched by One-Click Course Combinations which allow students to register for two or more courses together.
Search transfer course equivalencies for commonly transferred courses offered at other Iowa institutions and our major out-of state transfer colleges.