This portal was to reopen Monday, August 25 at 10 am; due to technical difficulties, this has been delayed. Please check back within 48 hours and the form should be available.
To request a pianist, please use the following link to access the online application from.
If you would like to do a recording session with your assigned piano TA, the session can only be up to and including one hour.
Please note the following guidelines before requesting a pianist:
- Requesting a pianist does not guarantee that you will be assigned a project.
- Incomplete requests will not be assigned and will not be responded to.
- Do not use this form to request a pianist for a full degree recital. (More than 20 minutes of music.) Please send Dr. Lecuona an email directly for this purpose.
- You may request a pianist for either a full project or a half project.
- A full project is defined as 15-20 minutes of music.
- A half project is defined as less than 15 minutes of music.
- You may request a pianist for multiple pieces, as long as they fall under the time limitations.
- You may only request one project per semester.
- Each project MUST have a pre-determined culminating date/performance. This can be a performance in seminar, for a master class, a recital, studio recital, jury, or simply a lesson.
- If assigned a pianist, the project will last at least 3 weeks and no longer than 5 weeks.
- The first week of each project is dedicated to the pianist to learn the music.
- In each successive week, you will have one hour (30 minutes for half projects) of rehearsal time, and one hour (30 minutes for half projects) of other contact time. This is for lessons, coachings, seminars, and the final performance.
- Your pianist will be available to you for your jury, as long as it is with same repertoire, which was used during the project. You will receive at most two extra rehearsals.
- If you miss a scheduled rehearsal, the pianist is NOT responsible for making it up.
- It is your responsibility to get the music to the pianist directly. Any delay will result in losing a portion of the project. Should this delay result in the culminating date being less than three weeks away, then you forfeit the entire project.
- Requests will NOT be accepted (and will not be responded to) less than 4 weeks before the culminating date of the project.
- No requests will be accepted after April 1 (Spring semester) and November 1 (Fall semester)