The downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) is accepting play submissions that reflect urban life for its 17th annual season to be held during April and May of 2019 in downtown New York City.
DUAF will accept 16 theatrical works(plays, musicals, and solo works) with running times up to 70 minutes. Each work is performed only once during the festival. There will be a $1,000 award in the category of Best Play, Best short and Audience. There is no submission of participation fee and each playwright will receive a $300-$500 monetary stipend during the festival to defray some of the production costs of presenting their work.
- Playwright's bio with contact info-name, address, phone # and email
- Photo of playwright
- Synopsis of theatrical work
- Complete script of theatrical work
- Estimated running time of work
- Actor/director/crew bios, if available
- Description of stage set( if any) and production needs( i.e. sound and lighting)
The submission deadline is Sunday, October 21, 2018. Please submit to Tamar Lopez, Festival coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org