How to Request MAUI Access be added or removed
- Complete FERPA Training - All MAUI users must have FERPA training to gain access to MAUI. The FERPA course module and quiz must be completed with a score of 80% or better for an account to be activated.
- Fill out a MAUI Access Request Form - Users wanting specific access rights will need to fill out a MAUI Access Request Form and submit it to your Dean, Director, or DEO. This form contains roles that are commonly used when requesting student records, billing, admissions, degree audit, name and address information, and departmental/collegiate access rights. More advanced roles must be requested through the brief description area of the form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if there are questions regarding any of the roles on the form or below. If a user is filling out the form to gain additional rights, only the additional access will need to requested and all past access will remain as it was.
- DEO access is manually updated by our office with the Course Fee Workflow and the Academic DEO Grades Approver roles, when there is a change within a department or college. This is not automated and may take some time. If a department or college is finding that the new access has not been switched to the new DEO, please contact email@example.com. Please be aware we do require the DEO to submit a MAUI Access Request Form if they wish to have the Academic Departmental Administrator or Academic Unit Instructor Delegate roles.
- Users that have changed roles within their department and no longer need a role should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have it removed. The Office of the Registrar will only accept role removal request from the individual or their Dean/Director/DEO.
- When an individuals HR appointment changes, an individual's account is deprovisioned.
- If an individual has remained in the same office but their HR department/org changed then they should contact email@example.com to have their account reactivated. A MAUI Access Request Form does not need to be filled out.
- If an individual has changed offices or departments then a new MAUI Access Request Form should be submitted to their new Dean, Director, or DEO. Their old departmental/collegiate access will be removed and their new access will be granted.
- Advanced Rights
- The MAUI Access Request Form allows users to request commonly used roles. If more advanced rights need to be given the user must request these roles in the brief description area of the form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if there are questions regarding any of the roles on the form or below.
*= On MAUI Access Request Form
Academic Access (academic.user)
User has access to view student records.
Academic Admin (academic.admin)
User has access to update advisers for student in Programs under the academic unit(s) for which they have this role. They additionally have access to create advising notes. If they also manage course offerings they should request the Academic Departmental Admin role instead.
* Academic Departmental Admin (academic.dept.admin)
User has access to manage all aspects under Course Planner for courses under the academic unit(s) for which they have this role. In addition, user has the ability to update advisers for students in Programs under their academic unit(s) and create advising notes. If Student Record access is needed Academic Access (see above) will also need to be requested.
* Academic DEO Grades Approver (academic.deo.grades)
User can approve grades and grade changes at the DEO level under Grades Administration Workflow for courses under the academic unit(s) for which they have this role. This role additionally has the ability to reject grades or reopen if in approved status. Either option requires the grades be resubmitted.
Academic Professional Advisor (academic.prof.advisor)
User has access to update Programs of Study, declared session and to view second grade only options.
Academic Registration Hold (academic.reg.hold)
User has access to update registration holds. Access is given for holds under a given academic unit or globally across all colleges.
Academic Student Admin (academic.student.admin)
With this role, the user has access to manage all aspects under Course Planner for courses under the academic unit(s) for which they have this role. This role is very similar to Academic Dept Admin but they are unable to submit to workflow, are unable to view POS/POS Advisor, and unable to view Advising Notes.
* Academic Unit Instructor Delegate (academic.instr.delegate)
Departmental users who can edit and submit final grades or initiate a grade change on behalf of an instructor for any course under the academic unit(s) for which they have this role. User additionally has the ability to VIEW same courses under Grades Administration Workflow.
Collegiate Academic Review (collegiate.acad.review)
User has access to update the Academic Standing Status for students in Programs under the academic unit(s) for which they have this role. It is typically given at the college level.
Collegiate Administrator (collegiate.admin)
User has access to update Programs of Study for students under the academic unit(s) for which they have this role. It is typically given at the college level. User also has access to update excessive hours, authorize drops on the Dean's behalf, second grade only option, W counts, etc.
Collegiate Degree Administrator (collegiate.degree.admin)
With this role, the user can view and request degree audits (same as an academic.user) and additionally may view more detailed information relating to transfer articulation, transfer coursework and archived audits on a per-student basis. This role allows users to update items within the degree application and approve degrees on behalf of their college.
Collegiate Grades Approver (collegiate.grades.approvr)
User can approve grades for academic units that require collegiate approval under Grades Administration Workflow. Users have the ability to approve non I/F grade changes on behalf of the Dean of a College. This role additionally has the ability to reject grades or reopen if in approved status. Either option requires the grades be resubmitted.
Final grades and I/F grade changes are not approved by the Dean's office.
User has ability to update collegiate and advising notes.
Collegiate Scheduler Admins
Collegiate users have access to advising appointments.
Course Fee Roles
Course Fee Workflow Access (!wkfl,course fee)- Access to view course workflow path
Course Fee Departmental Initiator Approver (!wkfl.course.fee.init)- Departmental Initiator first-level approver Course Fee Departmental DEO Approver (!wkfl.course.fee.deo)- DEO level approval second-level approver Course Fee Dean Approver (!wkfl.course.fee.dean)- Dean level approval third-level approver Course Fee Collegiate Budget Officer Approver (!wkfl.course.fee.cbo)- Dean level approval fourth-level approver
MAUI Instructor (maui.instructor)
User has the ability to edit and submit grade for courses they instruct as well as VIEW their courses under Grades Administration Workflow.
A nightly batch process will look for any instructors who have been added to a course in MAUI within the past 24 hours for a current or future session and create a Maui account if one doesn't already exist. The roles maui.user and maui.instructor are added with the status set to ACTIVE.
All general access related questions can be sent to email@example.com.
|Access Rights Area||Contact Name||Contact Email|
|Billing||Brett DeBlois and Tamara Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Data Warehouse||Eric Hudsonemail@example.com|
|Jessica Alberhasky, Cheryl Howes, Sara Morelli, Elissa Thoman, Kathryn Stoltenbergfirstname.lastname@example.org |
|Financial Aid||Kristin Sellers and Kelly Carrellemail@example.com|
|Name & Address (Master)||Jessica Alberhasky, Cheryl Howes, Sara Morelli, Elissa Thoman, Kathryn Stoltenbergfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Records/Registrar||Jessica Alberhasky, Cheryl Howes, Sara Morelli, Elissa Thoman, Kathryn Stoltenbergemail@example.com|