WHAT TO PREPARE
GENERAL AUDITIONS: A 3-minute time period is allotted for each general audition. Please prepare 1-2 monologues. Total audition time must not exceed 3 minutes. You will be timed and asked to stop if this time limit is exceeded. We are hoping these procedures will helps keep appointments on schedule for everyone.
MUSICAL AUDITIONS: For the musical auditions please prepare 16-32 bars of a Ballad. An accompanist will be provided for the auditions.
The audition may be viewed by Acting faculty, directors of the MainStage, Gallery, Workshop, and Reading sessions, and members of the directing classes and the Playwrights Workshop. Many projects, large and small, will be cast throughout the year. Also, audition sessions will be held in December for the Ten Minute Play Festival, and in March 2018 for the Iowa New Play Festival.
1. All auditions are scheduled by signing up for a time in advance. Please sign up as soon as possible, after 9:30 am on Monday, November 5th. Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your audition -- if you do not arrive 30 minutes prior to your timeslot, you will forfeit your reservation. If there are cancellations, you may audition earlier than scheduled.
2. Please visit http://www.performerbank.com to create your audition profile. Upload a photo of yourself (no larger than 5 Mb). You will also be asked to list your most recent theatre experience. If you wish, you may upload a pdf of your own resume instead of completing the online form.
4. Read the audition recommendations. Your total audition length should not exceed the 3-minute limit. Your preparation should include timing your audition material to make sure it is the proper length.
5. Callback notices for productions will be posted by 10:00p on Saturday, November 10th. You may be called back for more than one production. Callbacks run five days and a show may call you to more than one session.
6. Current students who have an approved absence or are not in residence at the time of audition, including those who are studying abroad or serving in the military, and who want to be considered for casting may audition by video submission. All videos must be unedited and submitted by means of internet search engine or DVD. All submissions must be complete by the first day of the scheduled auditions so that all directors may review the work in a timely fashion. To request this accommodation, please contact the email@example.com Production Stage Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).