General Auditions will be held 7:00p-11:00p on Thursday, August 23rd & 7:00p-11:00p on Friday, August 24th.
Musical Auditions will be held 7:00p-11:00p on Friday, August 24th.
Dance Auditions will be held 4:00p-7:00p on Saturday, August 25th
Callbacks will be held Saturday, August 25th from 10:00a-11:00p, Sunday, August 26th from 10:00a-8:00p.
Casting will be announced starting at 10:30p, August 26th. Several shows will start rehearsal on August 27th.
General Auditions are held in THEATRE B located in the Theatre Building along North Riverside Drive. There will be a registration table in the Theatre Building Lobby.
Musical Auditions for IPHEGENIA will be in THAYER THEATRE. There will be a registration table in the Theatre Building Lobby.
Dance Auditions for IPHEGENIA will be in Space Place, North Hall. There will be a registration table in front of Space Place in North Hall.
GENERAL AUDITIONS: A 3-minute time period is allotted for each general audition. Please prepare 1-2 monologues. Total audition time must not exceed 3 minutes. You will be timed and asked to stop if this time limit is exceeded. We are hoping these procedures will helps keep appointments on schedule for everyone.
MUSICAL AUDITIONS: A 6-minute time period is allotted for each musical audition. Prepare 16-32 bars of a piece that you think showcases your voice well. It will be sung a capella, but starting pitches and other help can be given. It does not need to be memorized. If using sheet music, please provide a copy. A tonal memory test will test your ability to hear, process, and repeat back pitches that you hear played at the piano. You will read short sight-reading examples in major and minor.
The audition may be viewed by Acting faculty, directors of the MainStage, Gallery, Workshop, and Reading sessions, and members of the directing classes and the Playwrights Workshop. Many projects, large and small, will be cast throughout the year. Also, audition sessions will be held in December for the Ten Minute Play Festival, and in March 2016 for the Iowa New Play Festival.
1. All auditions are scheduled by signing up for a time in advance. Please sign up as soon as possible, after 9:30 am on Monday, AUGUST 20TH. Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your audition -- if you do not arrive 30 minutes prior to your timeslot, you will forfeit your reservation. If there are cancellations, you may audition earlier than scheduled.
2. Starting on AUGUST 20TH, please visit http://www.performerbank.com to create your audition profile. Upload a photo of yourself (no larger than 5 Mb). You will also be asked to list your most recent theatre experience. If you wish, you may upload a pdf of your own resume instead of completing the online form.
4. Please read the audition recommendations. Your total audition length should not exceed the 3-minute limit. Your preparation should include timing your audition material to make sure it is the proper length.
5. Callback notices for productions will be posted by 9:00a on Saturday, August 25th. You may be called back for more than one production. Callbacks run five days and a show may call you to more than one session.
6. Current students who have an approved absence or are not in residence at the time of audition, including those who are studying abroad or serving in the military, and who want to be considered for casting may audition by video submission. All videos must be unedited and submitted by means of internet search engine or USB. All submissions must be complete by the first day of the scheduled auditions so that all directors may review the work in a timely fashion. To request this accommodation, please contact the email@example.com Production Stage Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).